In a shocking incident, a police constable in Chandigarh has been booked for allegedly laying a live wire outside a house, resulting in the electrocution of a stray dog.
The incident occurred on Sunday when the constable, identified as Rajesh Kumar, was on duty in the area. According to reports, Kumar had laid a live wire outside the house of one of the residents in the area. The wire was not visible and a stray dog came in contact with it, resulting in its electrocution.
The incident was reported to the police by the residents of the area, who were shocked to see the dead dog. The police immediately launched an investigation and found that the wire had been laid by Kumar.
Kumar has been booked under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act and is currently in police custody. He has been suspended from duty pending further investigation.
The incident has sparked outrage among animal rights activists, who have demanded strict action against the constable. They have also called for better awareness among police personnel about animal rights and the laws related to them.
This incident is a stark reminder of the need for better enforcement of animal rights laws in the country. It is also a reminder of the need for police personnel to be more aware of the laws related to animal rights and to take necessary precautions to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future.