The City of Toronto has opened nine pools to dogs only on Sunday. Dogs are allowed to swim in the pools between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m., as long as their owners keep a careful check on them.
Another dog-only swim is planned for Sunday, September 11 at Riverdale Park East, 550 Broadview Ave.
Owners who intend to take their dog swimming next week should be aware of the following:
- Only dogs are permitted to swim in the pool.
- If a dog wants assistance, please remove them from the pool immediately.
- An adult 18 years of age or older must follow the dog and observe from the side.
- A maximum of two dogs may be brought by one adult.
- Reservations are not necessary. Arrive with your dog and sign in.
- It is necessary to show proof of rabies immunization.
- Spectators must be at least 12 years old.